Time to do what you love? Are you really good at planning social events such as: weddings, parties, birthdays. corporate parties or fundraisers?
It takes years for a seasoned planner to produce those much admired celebrity and high profile events. Every event requires a strong and skilled execution. NEWI provides you the knowledge and learning opportunity as an event professional. Social planners will learn the planning theory, strategies and processes to produce successful events.
Consumers spend $50 billion annually in the wedding industry. All other social events yield an additional $30 billion a year. With thousands of wedding and social websites and resources, newlyweds/clients are in need of highly skilled and educated social event & wedding planners.
How to Start An Event/Wedding Business – Proven Ways to Create Business Success (Beginner to Mid Level Professional)
This online course will introduce the basic requirements to starting an event or wedding business. Topics include:
- Event/Wedding Overview – Who We are? Who Hires Planners? Corporate Market and Social Market
- Building the Business Foundation – Industry Research, Finding a Niche, Your Business Plan, and Mission Statement
- Getting Started – Your Name, Business Structure, Licenses, permits, Proposals and Agreements
- Financing Your Business – Finding funding, Hiring contractors, Choosing Vendors and Negotiating
- Business Documents: Business Plan, Start Up Costs Summary
- September 25, 2012 6:30 – 8:00 PM EST – Course WP0934
Business Documents Workshop
Need help understanding and designing those frequently used business documents? This interactive workshop will address the top 12 most commonly used documents in the wedding industry. Participants will be able to use final documents to help grow business success.
- Working Wedding Budget
- Wedding Contracts
- Wedding Policies
- Wedding Addendum
- Business Financial Statements
- Final Client Wedding Statement
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Deadline Calender
- Ceremony Time line
- Reception Time line
- Wedding Pack (New for 2010!)
- Final Customer Itemization Report